- Hanasaku Manimani* – Mages | 5pb | Criware
- Hatsukare☆Ren’ai Debut Sengen!* – Furyu | Criware – Cannot detect text thread.
- Kiniro No Corda 3* – Tecmo Koei – Cannot detect text thread
- Musketeer: Le sang des chevaliers*
- Urakata Hakuouki*– Design Factory| Idea Factory | ZeroDiv – new update won’t detect text thread anymore. (ppsspp v 0.9.8) Sometimes detect, often times misses text thread (ppsspp v 0.9.9).
- Enkeltbillet* -IDEA FACTORY | Otomate | Ichi Column- No permanent text thread (ppsspp v 0.9.8 & ppsspp v 0.9.9)
- Geten no Hana Yume Akari* -Koei -text thread not detected (ppsspp v 0.9.9).
- Last Escort -Club Katze-* -D3 Publisher- dialogue text thread not detected, only character thread is detected. (ppsspp v 0.9.9 & ppsspp v 0.9.8).
- Wand of Fortune 2 FD ~Kimi ni Sasageru Epilogue~ -Design Factory & Otomate|IDEA FACTORY
- Wand of Fortune 2 ~Jikuu ni Shizumu Mokushiroku~ -Otomate|IDEA FACTORY
- Storm Lover Natsu Koi!!* -Vridge Inc.| D3 Publisher – Text thread not detected (ppsspp v 0.9.9)
- Solomon’s Ring ~Chi no Shou~ *– Plan Peace – Text thread changes if character talks, has a permanent ASIDE thread though w/ (ppsspp v 0.9.8). No correct text thread in (ppsspp v 0.9.9)
- O＊G＊A Oni-Gokko ROYAL -Otomate| IDEA FACTORY-dialogue text thread not detected, only character thread is detected. (ppsspp v 0.9.9 & ppsspp v 0.9.8)
- Koi wa Rule ni Shibararenai! – Vridge Inc.|ASCII Media Works & Kadokawa Shoten- Cannot detect text thread (ppsspp v 0.9.9 & ppsspp v 0.9.8)
- Kanuchi – Kuroki Tsubasa no Shou -Otomate| IDEA FACTORY & Otomate – No permanent text thread (ppsspp v 0.9.9) . Can detect intro text (psspp v 0.9.8) but fails detecting dialogue thread after the intro.
(default PPSSPP version used for testing: 0.9.8)
- Jewelic Nightmare* – cannot extract text from intro. I think it’s a video anyway.
- Gekkan Romance* – use “Other” on NVL mode to take advantage of two text threads.
- Aracana Famiglia 2* – remove text garbage done~
- Diabolik Lovers* – remove text garbage done~
- Snow Bound Land*
- Houkago ~Colorful Step~ series * – Set text speed to maximum and restart PPSSPP as well as VNR. Use v0.9.9.
- Jewelic Nightmare*
- Norn 9*– works perfectly
- Getsuei no Kusari Kyouran Moratorium* – Set text encoding to : UTF-16. Works perfectly. Even system messages are translated.
- Shinigami Kaidan Romance*
- Shiratsuyu no Kai*
- Taishou Kitan*
- Satomi Hakkenden*
- Soukoku no Kusabi Hiiro no Kakera 3*
- Koibana Days*
- Okashi na Shima no Peter Pan* – Set text encoding to : UTF-16.
- Omochabako no Kuni no Alice* – Set text encoding to : UTF-16.
- Daiya no Kuni no Alice: Wonderful Mirror World*
- Shinsouban Heart no Kuni no Alice: Wonderful Wonder World*
- Heart no Kuni no Alice: Wonderful Twin World** – v0.9.9
- Kuroyukihime Snow Black* – Won’t translate text in black background, most likely it’s a bunch of images.
- School Wars*
- Meiji Tokyo Renka* -v0.9.9 & v0.9.8
- Kamigami no Asobi*
- Are you Alice?*
- CLOCK ZERO ～終焉の一秒～*
- Hanayaka Nari Waga Ichizoku*
- Shinobi, Koi Utsutsu*
- Uta no Prince Sama Repeat*
- Hakuouki Zuisouroku*
- Moujuutsukai to Oujisama** – v0.9.9
- Romeo vs. Juliet*
- Hyakki Yakou ~Kaidan Romance~*
- Amnesia Crowd**
- Toki no Kizuna*
- Princess Arthur*
- Black Wolves Saga -Last Hope*– works perfectly
- Eikoku Tantei Mysteria** – but there’s a little extra garbage text after the dialogue, like this http://i.imgur.com/qFyLTH9.jpg. *v.0.9.9: UTF-16. Check : Eliminate finite repetition in the text. Character names appear at the end of the sentence. I’ll do something about it.
- Amnesia Later*
- Atelier Elkrone – VNR detects even the TIPS windows.
- Glass Heart Princess -text thread changes during CG scenes
- Arcana Famiglia *
- Uta no Prince-sama Debut*
- Kaeru Batake de Tsukamete: Natsu Senbokuryou Sansen!* – v.0.9.9
- Hoshiiro no Okurimono* – v.0.9.9
- Minus 8* – v.0.9.9
- Natsuzora no Monologue Portable* – v.0.9.9
- Kaeru Batake DE Tsukamaete* – v.0.9.9: UTF-16
- Sorayume Portable* – v.0.9.9: UTF-16
- Mizu no Senritsu* – v.0.9.9: UTF-16
- Moujuutsukai to Oujisama~ Snow Bride ~ * – v.0.9.9
- Getsuei no Kusari -Sakuran Paranoia- * – v.0.9.8 (UTF-16), v.0.9.9 (Shift-Jis)
- Reiji no Kane to Cinderella Halloween Wedding * – v.0.9.9 & v.0.9.8
- Satomi Hakkenden*
- Majo’ou* – text thread takes a while to be detected on (ppsspp v 0.9.8) but works well with (ppsspp v 0.9.9).
- Wand of Fortune – v0.9.9
- Kannou Mukashibanashi Portable* – v.0.9.9 & v.0.9.8 . Character names appear at the end of the sentence.
- Diamond no Kuni no Alice ~Wonderful Mirror World~ * – v.0.9.9
- Hanaoni ~Koi Someru Toki Towa no Shirushi~* – v.0.9.9
- Kami-sama to Koigokoro* – UTF-16
- Rakuen Danshi ~Beast Harem~* – UTF-16
- Kaminaru Kimi to* – Skip to character talking to detect Alchemist 1000 thread. Go back to Start > New Game to detect intro text Otomate thread. – v.0.9.9
- Sto☆Mani ~Strobe☆Mania~* – v.0.9.9
- S.Y.K ~Shinsetsu Saiyuki~* – v.0.9.9
- Will o Wisp* – v.0.9.9
- Little Aid * – v.0.9.9
*Tested by Sakimichi
*Tested by vocaotome
Tested by others
How to use VNR and PPSSPP:
Before proceeding, I really recommend you guys to read the basics on how to use VNR. I won’t be answering questions that are already answered on the basic tutorial.
- Run VNR and I recommend to uncheck “Automatically detect running game” in Preferences > Launch. Restart VNR.
- Run PPSSPP v0.9.8
- Go back to PPSSPP Select game of choice and run till you reach the menu then proceed to enter heroine name till you reach the part where characters are talking.
- Go back to VNR, and in the Springboard click the silver rocket icon. VNR will attach itself to PPSSPP. A blue menu will appear on the left side of the PPSSPP window. We’ll call it side menu.
- In the side menu open text settings, Menu > Text settings
- Proceed playing the game till VNR will detect text threads and select the correct text thread. (This takes about 20 seconds just continue clicking and a lot of text dialogues will pop up)
- Click Save.
- Sometimes you have to do the opposite on some games. Launch PPSSPP first for some games. You need to experiment.
- Do not run PPSSPP via SpringBoard
- Changing windows size affects text thread detection. Don’t change window size while playing.
- Restart PPSSPP when loading another game, then restart VNR as well.
- All text thread detection are global, whenever you run a game, you must manually adjust the text thread again.
- Default text encoding on tested compatible games is Shitft-Jis
- Always exit VNR first before PPSSPP to avoid crashing..haha.
- Please please please…do not submit psp translation!! It’s pretty alpha, all users will be having the same settings and there’s no ISO detection yet!
- When downloading PPSSPP, VNR does not attach itself to the x64 application. – Roninmedia
- July 29,2014 – Add Brocolli engine for PSP game. Add Otomate engine for PSP game
Sorry that the left games as follows won’t work.
– 金色のコルダ3 (not able to find correct function to hook)
For the latter three games, I couldn’t find any matched text in the memory. I have tried SHIFT-JIS, UTF8, UTF-16, and EUC-JP, but still no-match.
I suspect the games are made in some other seldom used Japanese encodings. –Jichi–
- Feel free to post a thread at the official VNR forums Sakuradite: Otome forum section for garbage text removal or help. I can help there if I have free time or post a comment here. Remember, if there’s no text garbage in the subtitle box, then it’s okay. We already added a code to remove most text garbage. It should appear correctly in the subtitle box.
- Feel free to post at the official VNR forums Sakuradite: on this thread, for engines that aren’t supported by VNR, remember be very specific with your request. Include game title, problem as well as VNDB link.
- Have you tested a game that works or won’t work? Post a comment below and I’ll add it on the list.