Sometimes it’s hard to point out where the problem comes from and sometimes we have to double check if something really is happening. Today I’m going to teach you how to submit and trace bugs/errors on VNR as well as troubleshooting and accessing the forums.
Did you know that you can click and swipe the Springboard to the left to reveal more VNR tools?
Continue reading “VNREADER Advance Guide/Tutorial PART 4”
Today we’re going to cover ways to improve translation in VNR as well as discussing the importance of the shared dictionary feature.
Chiitrans and Chiitrans2 development has been abandoned and Chiitrans Lite was born. Unlike its predecessors there are no script replacements used except for names and it doesn’t support other languages except English. Nonetheless, it’s quite light and easy to use. It’s developed by alexbft and uses a modified VNR engine.
About the tutorial
Last update: June 4, 2014
About this tutorial
What is Visual Novel Reader?
- Visual Novel Reader helps adding soft subtitles to PC visual novels without the need of hacking and patching.
- This wonderful program was created by Jichi at Sakuradite.
- People could easily add translations, and it is hosted online (cloud).
It is not designed for any emulators, especially PSP emulators.As of July 2014, VNR now works with ps2 emulators, wii as well as PPSSPP,
- It’s primarily a translation tool for translators to submit their translation and it is a software to translate a visual novel if you don’t know how to read JP language.
- If you are using Visual Novel Reader but you are not a translator, do not expect a perfect translation if you are choosing “Machine translation” from ATLAS and GOOGLE. That should be obvious. but there are ways to improve machine translation.
- To find out if a translator has picked it up as a project, proceed to otomehearts (for otome games) .