Chiitrans and Chiitrans2 development has been abandoned and Chiitrans Lite was born. Unlike its predecessors there are no script replacements used except for names and it doesn’t support other languages except English. Nonetheless, it’s quite light and easy to use. It’s developed by alexbft and uses a modified VNR engine.
Recommended System Requirements
Installation and hooking
- Download and install Chiitrans Lite . Choose Binaries > Installer in the sidebar.
- Run Chiitrans Lite and you will see this window.
- Open the desired visual novel game and follow these steps to hook Chiitrans Lite.
- Once hook, the translation window will appear.
- Skip to the part where characters are talking.
- Match the character dialogue to the one on the game by checking the check box.
- Once you found the correct character dialogue select “Ignore new Contexts” in the drop down box and minimize Chiitrans Lite. Now you’re done. Go celebrate or something.
Adding names to your Chiitranslite improves translation. This will tell ATLAS “Hey this is a character name! Don’t translate this literally”.
- Open Chiitrans Lite window.Select “Options”
- Select ” Parsing”
- Select “Edit names…”
- The format is pretty simple. Just add the Japanese name followed by a space then an = then the Translation of the name.
|Step 1-3||Step 4|
- An updated ATLAS Dictionary
- Adding /removing translation services
- Translations > Additional Translators
- Select and drag a”Available Translators” to “Selected Translators. Click ok.
- Unlike VNR, Chiitrans Lite doesn’t have a shared online dictionary and submitted translations. Nevertheless, I recommend this to people who are okay with plain atlas and faster performance.
- If you want to support the author, drop by at his thread over at hongfire.