Want to play Otome Games but don’t own a PSP? JPCSP is a free PSP emulator written in Java language. JPCSP lets you play PSP games on your PC. Now let’s proceed with the tutorial shall we?
- 2GB RAM or above
- Intel Core 2 Duo or above
- Windows OS 32 Bit
- A hard disk drive with lots of free spaace
The higher the computer specs you have the better. For computers with complicated setup like having a graphic card, you need to update your drivers. You can use the free version of Gamebooster to update your drivers. Get it before June while it still lasts.
Download the following:
Install Sonic Stage and OpenMG
Extract their zips using winrar or winzip or 7zip or peazip at any location and install them.
Installing and Setting up JPCSP
- Extract your JPCSP to your Hard Disk Drive with the largest free space using winrar or winzip or 7zip or peazip.
- Open the extracted folder and look for “start-windows-x86.bat” and double click it. A black screen should appear, be patient and wait for the JPCSP dialogue to appear.
- You may be required to install JAVA JRE if your computer doesn’t have one. Other errors may be related to your hardware, please update them.
- Configure your JPCSP with these settings in Options menu, then close your JPCSP.
- Put the game’s iso in the “umdimages” folder located within the extracted JPCSP folder.
- Run your JPCSP again and click File > Load UMD and select your game and click Load
- Click the Play button afterwards (The green play button)
- Be patient, it will take a while for the game to appear. It depends on your computer specs.
So that was the basics~ This tutorial will be updated with Intermediate and Advanced section as well. Look forward for it~ Commenting would motivate me of course~ ^_^v